List of Maharishi Kashyapa wives, children names (Family members)
Namaste friends, how are your doing today? Bhagavan Sri Vishnu blessings to you and your family!
Kashyapa Maharishi’s father name is Marichi and mother name is Kalā.
Marichi is the son of Sri Brahma Deva. Marichi was one among the Brahma Manasa putras (born from mind of Sri Brahma Deva). Maharishi Kashyapa is the one among the greatest Sapta Maharishis.
Maharishi Kashyapa (कश्यप) is a highly revered Vedic sage of Hindu Sanatana Dharma. He is well known for his numerous Sanskrit texts and Indian Dharmic granthsas (Hindu divine books).
Maharishi Kashypa is the most ancient Maharishi listed in the colophon verse in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad.
Kashyapa married thirteen of Daksha Prajapati’s daughters.
List of Maharishi Kashyapa’s wives names are as given below:
All the above said divine ladies gave birth to different ‘jeevas’, that is, living beings. Starting from Devatas (Demigods), Demons, animals, plants, trees, insects, etc. etc. etc. all were given birth by these 13 wives of Maharishi Kashyapa.
Now, let us know the children names of these 13 wives of Maharishi Kashyapa one by one.
List of Maharishi Kashyapa children names are as given below:
1. Aditi : Here sons were the twelve gods known as the adityas. Their names are: Vishnu, Shakra, Aryama, Dhata, Vidhata, Tvashta, Pusha, Vivasvana, Savita, Mitravaruna, Amsha, Bhaga
2. Diti : Her sons were the daityas (demons). They were named as Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakashipu, and amongst their descendants were several other powerful daityas like Bali Chakravarti and Vanasura.
Diti also had a daughter named Simhika who was married to a danava (demon) named Viprachitti. Their offspring’s were terrible demons like Vatapi, Namuchi, Ilvala, Maricha and the Nivatakavachas.
3. Danu : She had hundred sons of and they were came to be known as Danavas. The Danavas were thus cousins to the Daityas and also to the Adityas. In the Danava line were born demons like the Poulamas and Kalakeyas.
4. Arishta : Her sons were the Gandharvas (Singers and dancers of Svarga Loka / Heaven). Here Gandharvas were reborn as Duryodhana’s 98 brothers.
Duryodhana is the form of Kali Yuga’s Kali and Dushasana was the form of Meghanatha (Indrajeeta) of the Ramayana fame (Ravana’s eldest son).
5. Surasa : She gave birth to the snakes (Sarpas).
6. Khasa : Her children were the Yakshas (Demi-gods who were the companions of Kubera, the god of wealth) and the rakshasas (demons).
7. Surabhi : Her descendants were cows and buffaloes. Surabhi is known to exist in five different forms: Nandini, Sunanda, Kamadhenu, Sumana, and Susheela.
Other names are Sabala and Matrika. Kamadhenu is regarded as the divine mother in Hinduism of all cows. Like Kamadhenu’s daughter Nandini, Kamadhenu could grant a wish to any true seeker.
8. Vinata : She had two sons named Aruna and Garuda. Garuda became the king of the birds.
9. Tamara : She had six daughters. From these daughters gave birth to owls, eagles, vultures, crows, water-fowl, horses, camels and donkeys.
10. Krodhavasha : She had fourteen thousand children known as Asuras. These Asuras or demons were also known as Krodhavashas.
As she was very short-tempered, the children born to her were violent animals, birds, and fish, all monsters species with sharp teeth.
11. Ila : She gave birth to trees, creepers, shrubs and bushes.
12. Kadru : Her sons were also known as Nagas or snakes. Among the more important of Kadru’s sons were Ananta, Vasuki, Takshaka and Nahusha.
13. Muni : She gave birth to the Apsaras (Divine dancers of Svarga Loka / heaven).
Diti’s children (Daityas) and Aditi’s children (adityas) continually fought amongst themselves. On one particular occasion, the gods succeeded in killing many of the demons.
Thirsting for revenge, Diti began to pray to her husband, Kashyapa that she might give birth to a son who would kill Indra, the king of the gods.
Kashyapa found it difficult to refuse his wife outright. All right, he said. You will have to bear the son in your womb for a hundred years. And throughout this period, you will have to observe various rites of cleanliness.
If you can successfully do this, your son will indeed kill Indra. But if you do not observe these instructions, your desire will not be satisfied.
Diti resolved to do as her husband had bidden her. But Indra had got to know about Diti’s resolve and was waiting for an opportuniy to save himself.
There was an occasion when, tired after her prayers. Diti went to sleep without first washing her feet.
This was an unclean act and it gave Indra the required opportunity. He adopted a minuscule form and entered Diti’s womb.
With his weapon vajra, he sliced up the baby inside the womb into seven parts. The baby naturally began to cry at the pain.
Indra kept on saying, ma ruda, that is, don’t cry. But the baby, or rather its seven parts, would not listen.
Indra thereupon sliced up each of the seven parts into seven more sections, so that there were forty-nine sections in all.
When these forty-nine sections in all.
When these forty-nine sections were born, they came to be known as the Maruts, from the words that Indra had addressed them.
Since Diti had not been able to adhere to the conditions her husband had set, the Maruts did not kill Indra.
They instead became Indra’s followers or companions, and were treated as gods.
To know about “Saptarishi details correct information”, you can click the below link:
To know about “List of Maharishi names”, you can click the below link:
To know list of Kashyapa family (Wives and children names), click the below YouTube video link:
More information will be added to this. Please visit after some time.
Dear friends, if you need any clarifications about this post, kindly let me know, I will definitely try to answer all of them.
Also your one LIKE, one COMMENT, One Share, one SUBSCRIPTION is highly important.
This will help to know the quality of this content and also it will be helpful to know if any improvements is required for the content.
If you feel this content is useful to you and has helped you to improve your knowledge, kindly share this with your well-wishers.
Because “SHARING MEANS CARING”.
For receive FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION about #BhagavanBhakthi, you can send an email to email@example.com from your email ID.
Sri Gurubhyo Namaha
Sri Krishnaaya Namaha
Sri KrishnaarpanamastuShare in Social Media