What are Mallikarjun JyotirLinga unknown facts
Namaste friends, how are you doing today? Lord Shiva blessings to you and your family!
Just before moving the story of Mallikarjun Jyotirlinga, let us very briefly know about the beautiful family of Lord Shiva.
Lord Shiva is the head of this family. His consort name is Sri Parvati Devi. They have two sons namely Ganesha and Kartikeya.
Ganesha has divine elephant face, while Kartikeya has 6 heads and thus Kartikeya is known as as ‘Shanmukha’ (Here Shan + Mukha. Here Shan = 6 and Mukha = face). They all stay in a divine place called Kailasha.
With all these four of them, there are multiple other divine people living in Kailasha. Few of the names are Nandi, Bhrungi, many Ganas etc.
Lord Shiva’s mount is Nandi, Sri Parvati Devi’s mount is divine Lion, Ganesha’s mount is Mushaka (divine Mouse) and Kartikeya’s mount is Mayura (divine Peacock).
1. Lord Shiva Parvati two sons : Lord Shiva and Parvati have two sons, namesly Ganesha and Kartikeya.
2. Both Ganesha and Kartikeya wanted to marry : Both sons wanted to get married. And Shiva and Parvati found it difficult to decide who should be married first. The other one was bound to feel hurt. Both the sons were equally dear to them.
3. Lord Shiva and Parvati plan for a test : They decided to have a test. They called Ganesha and Kartikeya to them and said, We have devised a competition. Both of you have to travel around the world and return here.
4. Whoever returns first will be married first : Whoever returns first will be married first. That should be fair and square.
5. Race started : As soon as these words were out, Kartikeya dashed out on his journey. But Ganesha tarried and pondered. He realized that this was a task that was impossible for him to accomplish. He found it difficult enough to travel a couple of miles.
6. Ganesha found an easy solution for race : Ganesha found an easy solution for race. First, he bathed. Then, he made Shiva and Parvati sit on two seats. He worshipped them and circled them seven times. After he finished circling them. Ganesha said, Now please make arrangements for my wedding.
7. Ganesha stayed back : What do you mean, exclaimed Shiva and Parvati. Didn’t you hear what we said? We asked the two of you to travel around the world and come back. You’d better hurry. Kartikeya has already left. If you don’t take care, he will beat you to it.
8. Ganesha already completed the race : But I have already been round the world seven times, replied Ganesha. Haven’t I circled the two of you seven times?
9. Vedas about circling parents : The Vedas say that circling one’s parents is the same thing as circling the world. If you do not wish to argue that the Vedas are wrong, then you have to agree that I have circled the world seven times.
10. Shiva and Parvati was unable to argue about Vedas : Shiva and Parvati could not very well argue that the Vedas were wrong. They therefore had to accept Ganesha’s logic. Arrangements were made for his wedding. Vishvarua, the son of Kashyapa, had two daughters named Siddhi and Buddhi.
11. Siddhi and Buddhi married to Ganesha : These two were married to Ganesha with a lot of fanfare. Ganesha and Siddhi had a son named Laksha and Ganesha and Buddhi had a son named Labha.
12. Kartikeya returned to Kailasha : Kartikeya returned to Kailasha after traveling around the world and discovered that Ganesha was already married and was already the proud father of two children.
13. Kartikeya heard the story : Kartikeya heard the entire story from Narada and felt that he had been cheated. He decided that he would no longer live with his parents. He also decided that he would never marry.
14. Kumara meaning : That is the reason why Kartikeya is called Kumara, someone who is unmarried. But after some time, even Kartikeya got married.
15. Kartikeya lived in Mount Krauncha : Kartikeya began to live on Mount Krauncha. Shiva goes to visit him there on the day of the new moon (amavasya) and parvati goes to visit him on the day of the full moon (purnima).
After reading the above legend, You already know that Kartikeya felt cheated when Ganesha got married. He decided that he would not live with Lord Shiva and Parvati Devi any longer, and began to live on the mountain Krauncha.
Parvati Devi was miserable that her son had left her.
Parvati Devi sent Devatas (Deities), Rushis / Sages, Gandharvas and Apsaras to bring her son back.
But Kartikeya would not return.
Lord Shiva and Parvati Devi then went to visit Kartikeya themselves, but Kartikeya would not let them get too close.
Lord Shiva and Parvati Devi started to live at a place that was about six miles away from where their son was living.
They are always there, so as to be near their son.
This place is known as Mallikarjuna.
More information will be added to this. Please visit after some time.
Dear friends, if you need any clarifications about this post, kindly let me know, I will definitely try to answer all of them.
Also your one LIKE, one COMMENT, One Share, one SUBSCRIPTION is highly important. This will help to know the quality of this content and also it will be helpful to know if any improvements is required for the content.
If you feel this content is useful to you and has helped you to improve your knowledge, kindly share this with your well-wishers.
Because “SHARING MEANS CARING”.
For receive FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION about #BhagavanBhakthi, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your email ID.
Sri Gurubhyo Namaha
OM NAMO NARAYANAYA
Sri KrishnaarpanamastuShare in Social Media