Which deities are associated with human body parts (Tatvabhimani / Abhimani Devatas)
Namaste friends, how are you doing? Bhagavan Sri Vishnu blessings to you and your family!
We all should be aware of which Devata / Deity / Demigod is associated and controls our body.
These Devatas / Deities / Demigods are known as Tatvabhimani Devatas (Demigods) or simply Abhimani Devatas / Devatas.
The main controller of our whole body (including the unlimited universes / multiverses) is Sri Hari / Sri Rama / Sri Krishna.
Sri Hari / Sri Rama / Sri Krishna is completely independent and doesn’t need anyone’s support or help or permission.
He is called “sarva svatantra”, means completely independent.
Second most controller is Sri Mahalakshmi Devi. But Sri Mahalakshmi Devi is completely dependent on Sri Hari / Sri Rama / Sri Krishna.
Third most controller is Sri Brahma Deva and Sri Mukhya Praana Deva (He will become next Sri Brahma Deva in the next Maha Kalpa).
Sri Brahma Deva and Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is completely dependent on Sri Hari / Sri Rama / Sri Hari and Sri Mahalakshmi Devi.
Sri Mukhya Praana Deva takes birth as Sri Hanuman in Treta Yuga & does seva (serve) to Bhagavan Sri Rama, also birth as Sri Bhima in Dvapara Yuga & does seva (serve) to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and in the Kaliyuga, he takes birth as Sri Madhvacharya Ji & does the seva (serve) to Bhagavan Sri Veda Vyasa Ji.
Fourth most controller is Sri Sarasvati Devi and Sri Bharati Devi (consort of Sri Mukhya Praana Deva and She will become next Sri Sarasvati Devi in the next Maha Kalpa).
Again Sri Sarasvati Devi and Sri Bharati Devi are completely dependent on Sri Brahma Deva / Sri Mukhya Praana Deva, Sri Mahalakshmi Devi and Sri Hari / Sri Rama / Sri Krishna.
Now, let us understand what we are looking for:
1. Jeeva Svaroopa (living being’s form) : Sri Brahma Deva
2 Mahat tatva (chitta / mood swing, chetana / energy, ahankara / arrogance, buddhi / wit, Manas / mind) : Sri Brahma Deva and Sri Sarasvati Devi
3. VijnAna tattva [relating to shastras (science is an example)] : Sri Vayu Deva, Sri Bharathi, Sri Soma Deva (Chandra)
4. Shvaasa (breathing) : Sri Mukyaprana Deva and Sri Bharati Devi
5. Avyakta (implicit) : Sri Saraswathi, Sri Bharati
6. Ahankara (ego) : Sri Garuda Deva, Sri Shesha Deva, Sri Rudra Deva
7. Manas (mind) : Sri Parjanya, Sri Agni Deva, Sri Indra, Sri Kama, Sri Garuda, Sri Shesha Deva, Sri Rudra.
8. ALL INDRIYAS (senses) : Sri Indra / Sri Kama Deva – main niyamaka / controller.
Five pancha jnaneEndriyas: srothra (ear), thvak (skin), chaksu (eye), jihva (tongue), aakrAna (nose).
Five karmendriyas: vAk (mouth), pAni (hand), pAdha (legs), pAyu (anus), upastha (genital).
9. Shrothra (hearing / ear) : Sri Chandra Deva, Digdevathas (directional Demigods).
a. Purva (east) : Sri Indra Deva
b. Agneya (south east) : Sri Agni Deva
c. Dakshina (south) : Sri Yama Deva
d. Nairutya (south west) : Nairutti
e. Pashchima (west) : Sri Varuna Deva
f. Vayuvya (north west) : Sri Pravaha Vayu Deva
g. Uttara (north) : Sri Kubera Deva
h. IshAnya (north east) Sri Rudra Deva and Sri Indra Deva
10. Thwak (skin) : Ahankarika Prana
11. Chakshus (Eyes) : Syambhuva Manu, Sri Surya Deva (right) & Sri Chandra Deva (left).
12. Sparsha (touch) : Sri Kubera Deva
13. Jihva (tongue) : Sri Varuna Deva
14. Ghrana (nose) : Sri Ashwini Devatha, Prahava Vayu (nasika / nose)
15. Vak (mouth) : Sri Agni Deva, Sri Svahadevi, Sri Parvathi, Sri Sarasvati
16. Pani (hand) : Daksha, Sri Indra Deva
17. Pada (legs) : Jayanta (son of Sri Indra Deva)
18. Panchabhuta Vayu (air) : Surya Deva (Adithya) and his name is Mitra.
19. Payu / Upastha (genital) : Sri Yama Deva, Daksha, Svayambhuva Manu
20. Shabda (sound) : Bruhaspati, Ahankarika Prana
21. Vani (speech) : Vyana, Sri Sarasvati, Sri Parvati Devi, Sri Agni Deva
22. Akasha (space) : Ganesha
23. Upward breathing : Praana
24. Downward breathing : Apaana
25. Rupa (sight) : Vyaana
26. Rasa (taste) : Varuna, Udaana
27. Gandha (smell) : Samaana
28. Vayu (air) : Pravaha Vayu
29. Tejas (agn) : Agni
30. Ap (water) : Varuna
31. Prithvi (earth) : Dharani, Shanaischara
32. Chaya (Shadow) : Nirti
33. Desire : kaama
34. Dharma : Yama
35. Buddhi : Uma, Chandra
36. Skin, blood, fat, pus, bones : 49 Marudgunas
37. Vanaspathi, Anna : Sri Chandra Deva
38. Vayutatva : Marichi
39. Fire : Pavaka (Sri Agni Deva’s son)
40. Loka : Parjanya
41. Mantra : Svaha
42. Water : Budha
43. Karma : Pushkara (Varuna’s son)
Sri Hari’s weapons’ abhimaanini Devatas
1. Chitta (memory): Agni, Garuda, Shesha, Rudra
2. Tomobhimanini Durga = Chakrabhimaanini
3. Satvabhimaanini Sri Devi = Shankaabhimaanini
4. Rajobhimaanini Bhudevi = Padmaabhimaanini
5. Jalagnanabhimaanini Vayu = Gadaabhimaanini
6. Vidyaabhimaanini Rame = Baana, Khadga Abhimaanini
7. Durga = Guraani Abhimanini
8. Praanaapaanaadi Pancharoopi Vayu = Baana Abhimani
Deities associated with tithi / day
Padya (Pratipata) / प्रतिपदा : Agni Deva
Dvitiya / द्वितीया : Brahma Deva
Tritiya / तृतीया : Gouri Devi
Chaturthi / चतुर्थी : Ganesha
Panchami / पंचमी : Naga Deva
Shashti / षष्ठी : Skanda / Kartikeya
Saptami / सप्तमी : Surya Deva
Ashtami / अष्टमी : Durga Devi
Navami / नवमी : Lakshmi Devi and Vayu Deva
Dashami / दशमी : Bhagavan Vishnu
Ekadashi/ एकादशी : Bhagavan Vishnu
Dvadashi / द्वादशी : Bhagavan Vishnu
Trayodashi / त्रयोदशी : Kama Deva
Shukla Chaturdashi / शुक्ला चतुर्दशी : Yama Deva
Krishna Chaturdashi / कृष्णा चतुर्दशी : Lord Shiva
Purnima / पूर्णिमा : Chandra Deva
Amavasya / अमावस्या : Pitrugan (Pitrus)
Nakshatra Abhimani Devatas
Ashwini / अश्विनी : Ashwini Kumaras
Bharani / भरणी : Yama Deva
Krutika / कृतिका : Agni Deva
Rohini / रोहिणी : Brahma Deva
Mrigashira / मृगशिरा : Chandra Deva
Ardra / आर्द्रा : Rudra Deva
Punarvasu / पुनर्वसु : Aditi
Pushya / पुष्य : Bruhaspati
Ashlesha / आश्लेषा : Sarpa
Magha / माघा : Pitrus
Hubba / हब्बा : Bhaga
Uttara / उत्तरा : Aryama
Hasta / हस्ता : Surya Deva
Chitta / चित्ता : Tvashtru
Swati / स्वाति : Vayu Deva
Vishaka / विशाखा : Indra Deva, Agni Deva
Anuradha / अनुराधा : Mitra
Jyeshta / ज्येष्ठा : Indra Deva
Moola / मूला : Nirruti
Purvashada / पूर्वाषाढ़ा : Budha
Uttarashada / उत्तराषाढ़ा : Vishve devatas
Shravana / श्रावण : Bhagavan Vishnu
Dhanishta / धनिष्ठा : Vasu
Shathabhisha / शतभिषा : Varuna Deva
Purvabhadra / पूर्वभाद्र : Ajaikapath
Uttarabhadra / उत्तरभाद्र : Ahirburdhni
Revati / रेवती : Pusha
Abhimani Devatas from Mahabharata
1. Dharmaacharana – Dharmaraaya / Yudhisthira
2. Bhakti, jnana, vairaagya etc – Bhima
3. Shravana – Arjuna
4. Sheela, Vinaya – Nakula, Sahadeva
5. Veda – Draupadi
6. Agnana, Vipareeta gnana – Duryodhana
7. Vipareeta gnana – Dushasana
8. Nastika buddhi – Shakuni
9. Other Kauravas – For all types of doshas
10. Ahankara – Asvattama
11. Indriya – Drona and others
12. For all paapas – Kaurava sainikas
13. For more and more punyas – Pandava sainikas
Bhagavan Sri Vishnu’s roopas (forms) in cooking utensils and it’s Abhimani Devata (Controlling Demigod):
(Read as per the given colors:)
Cooking devices / items – Abhimani Devata (Controlling Demigod) – Bhagavan Sri Vishnu name
1. Wooden sticks, coal etc. (Nowadays LPG gas, Kerosene etc.) used for cooking – Vasanta – Bhargava
2. Device(s) used for cooking: E.g., Gas stove, Kerosene stove etc. – Agneya (Agni Deva) – Bhargava
3. Plantain leaf used during eating – Durga – Satya
4. Ghee utensil – Saubarani – Datta
5. Utensils used for cooking – Varuni – Ananta
Bhagavan Sri Vishnu roopas (forms) along with Abhimani Devatas in Naivedya food items:
Food item – Abhimani Devata – Bhagavan Sri Vishnu roopa
1. Ghee – Sri Maha Lakshmi Devi – Govinda
2. Mandige (Wheat based food item) – Sri Brahma Devi – Madhusudhana
3. Milk – Sri Saraswati Devi – Vishnu
4. Butter – Sri Vayu Deva – Trivikrama
5. Parama Anna – Sri Bharati Devi – Narayana
6. Vegetables – Sri Shesha Deva – Padmanabha
7. Dal – Sri Garuda Deva – Sridhara
8. Sambhar – Sri Rudra Deva – Sankarshana
9. Amla (Sour) – Sri Parvati Devi – Damodara
10. Jaggery / Sugar – Sri Indra Deva – Vasudeva
11. Cumin / Jeera, Asafoetida, Cardomom, mustard seeds, Kesari – Sri Kama Deva – Purushottama
12. Bhakshya (Sweet Dish) – Sri Surya Deva – Madhava
13. Green leaves – Mitra (Another Sri Surya Deva) – Hrishikesha
14. Curds – Sri Soma Deva, Sri Varuna Deva – Vamana
15. Anna (Rice item) – Sri Chandra Deva – Keshava
16. Condiments (E.g., Chatni, Seasoning, flavor) – Guru / Sri Bruhaspati – Pradyumna
17. Pungent (Bitter items) – Sri Yama Deva – Aniruddha
18. Fried items – Sri Jayanta – Adhokshaja
19. Sesame, Pumpkin – Sri Daksha – Narasimha
20. Items made using Blackgram – Sri Swayambhuva Manu – Achyuta
21. Salt – Nirruti – Janardhana
22. Fruits and it’s juices – Ahankaraka Prana – Upendra
23. Betel leaf – Sri Ganga Devi – Hari
24. Molasses, Syrup etc. – Sri Budha Deva – Sri Krishna
Bhagavan Sri Vishnu roopas (forms) in Naivedya food items (Shortened)
1. Anna (Rice) – Vasudeva
2. Thicktarasa (Bitter) – Vasudeva
3. Eatables (Savories, Sweet etc.) – Sankarshana
4. Sarvatra (In all items) – Narayana
Bhagavan Sri Vishnu different forms seeing different people while having food (Bhojana Yagna)
1. Bharghava named Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is in the mouth.
2. Hayagriva named Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is in the speech
3. Narahari named Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is in the nose smelling food.
4. Kapila named Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is seeing a person eating food.
5. Aniruddha-Narayana named Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is present & gives protection to food.
6. Matsya named Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is in the tongue for tasting food
7. In Anandamaya kosha, Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is present as Lakshmipati Narayana 5125 forms.
8. Hamsa named Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is in the teeth.
9. In VignyAyamaya kosha, Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is present as Mayapati Vasudea in 4374 forms.
10. Sankarshana Pradhyumna form of Bhagavan Sri Vishnu gives the strength to swallow food.
11. In Manomaya kosha, Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is present as Jayapati Shankarshana in 5, 62,107 forms.
12. Sri Vasudeva gives some breathing space to stomach after eating food.
13. In Pranamaya kosha, Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is present as Kritipati Pradhyumna in 5543 forms.
14. In Annamaya kosha, Bhagavan Sri Vishnu is present as Shantipati Aniruddha in 8251 forms.
Gayatri Mantra’s 24 akshara roopas of Bhagavan Sri Vishnu
1. tat – Keshava
2. sa – Narayana
3. vi – Madhava
4. tu: – Govinda
5. va – Vishnu
6. rE – Madhusdhana
7. Ni – Trivikrama
8. yaM – Vamana
9. bhar – SrIdhara
10. ga: – Hrushikesha
11. dE – Padmanabha
12. va – Damodara
13. sya – Vasudeva
14. dhI – Sankarshana
15. ma – Pradyumna
16. hi – Aniruddha
17. dhi – Purushottama
18. yO – Adhokshaja
19. ya: – Narasimha
20. na: – Achyutha
21. pra – Janaardhana
22. chO – Upendra
23. da – Hari
24. yaat – Krishna
More information will be added. Please visit after sometime.
To read Kannada translation of the above, you can click the below link:
Dear friends, if you need any clarifications about this post, kindly let me know, I will definitely try to answer all of them.
Also your one LIKE, one COMMENT, One Share, one SUBSCRIPTION is highly important.
This will help to know the quality of this content and also it will be helpful to know if any improvements is required for the content.
If you feel this content is useful to you and has helped you to improve your knowledge, kindly share this with your well-wishers.
Because “SHARING MEANS CARING”.
To receive FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION about #BhagavanBhakthi, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your email ID.
Sri Gurubhyo Namaha
Sri Krishnaaya Namaha