What are 14 lokas names in Hinduism
Namaste friends, how are your doing today? Bhagavan Sri Vishnu blessings to you and your family!
Every work done perfectly and selflessly will make me perfect. There is a saying in Hinduism, “na ham karta, hari karta“.
This means, I am not doing anything, it is all done by Bhagavan Hari / Vishnu. We need to try and try and try… that’s all. The fruits are left to him.
You can refer this also:
Bhagavan Sri Krishna tells to Arjuna in Bhagavad Gita as,
कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन ।
मा कर्म फल हेतुर्भुर्माते संगोऽस्त्वकर्मणि ॥ 2-47 ||
ಕರ್ಮಣ್ಯೇವಾಧಿಕಾರಸ್ತೇ ಮಾ ಫಲೇಷು ಕದಾಚನ |
ಮಾ ಕರ್ಮಫಲಹೇತುರ್ಭೂರ್ಮಾ ತೇ ಸಂಗೋஉಸ್ತ್ವಕರ್ಮಣಿ || 2-47 ||
karmaṇyēvādhikārastē mā phalēṣu kadācana |
mā karmaphalahēturbhūrmā tē saṅgōustvakarmaṇi || 2-47 ||
Bhagavan Sri Krishna says to Arjuna, “You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself to be the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty”. – Bhagavad Gita, Chapter II, Verse 47
Hinduism teaches that the soul has no gender, race, or caste. Today we may have born as male. But in next life we may be born as female. Also in another ‘yoni’, may be as an animal or an insect or a tree or something else. There is no gender, race or caste to us.
As humans doing the right Dharma is the only cure. If we do the right Karma, we may again born as humans. If we do better Karmas, we may get the higher planets like:
List of 14 lokas names in Hinduism are as given below:
1. Satya loka – This is the place of Sri Chatur Mukha Brahma, where each person’s atman is released from the inevitability of rebirth (but still moksha might not yet received).
2. Tapa loka – Ayohnija devadasis live here.
3. Jana loka – The sons of the god Brahma live here.
4. Mahar loka – Enlightened and ‘jnani’ (knowledgeable) people such as Markandeya live here.
5. Svar loka (Svarga Loka) – This is the place between the Sun and the Polar Star, the Heaven (Svarga Loka) of the Sri Indra Deva. In English it can be called as Heaven or Paradise, where all the 330 million Hindu Devatas / Demigods live here.
6. Bhuvar loka (or Pitru loka) – It is the place between Earth and the Sun. Semi-divine beings live here. Sri Surya Deva also live here.
7. Bhur loka – This is the Mother Earth place.
We the Hindus teach that it is one of billions of inhabited worlds in the universe. This shows the Hindu belief in the multiverses. This is the middle loka of all the 14 lokas.
Similarly if we do Adharma, we may get some other life in our next life, may be an animal or a tree or an insect or we may get to go to lower planets like:
8. Atala loka – Atala is ruled by Bala, who is a son of Maya. Maya possesses mystical powers.
9. Vitala loka – Vitala is ruled by the god Hara-Bhava, who is a form of Lord Shiva.
10. Sutala loka – Sutala is the kingdom of the demon king Bali. After Lord Vamana pushed Bali into deep ground, he was informed to stay in this loka by Lord Vamana.
11. Talatala loka – Talatala is the realm of Maya. Lord Shiva is also here under the protection of Maya.
12. Mahatala loka – Mahatala is where many nagas (sarpas / serpents) live.
13. Rasatala loka – Rasatala is the home of the demons called Danavas and Daityas.
14. Patala loka (or Naga-loka) – This is the lowest realm. It is the region of the nagas, ruled by Vasuki a King serpent. This is the same serpent which is place around the neck of Lord Shiva.
More information will be added to this. Please visit after some time.
Dear friends, if you need any clarifications about this post, kindly let me know, I will definitely try to answer all of them.
Also your one LIKE, one COMMENT, One Share, one SUBSCRIPTION is highly important.
This will help to know the quality of this content and also it will be helpful to know if any improvements is required for the content.
If you feel this content is useful to you and has helped you to improve your knowledge, kindly share this with your well-wishers.
Because “SHARING MEANS CARING”.
To receive FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION about #BhagavanBhakthi, you can send an email to [email protected] from your email ID.
Sri Gurubhyo Namaha
Sri Krishnaaya Namaha
Sri KrishnaarpanamastuShare in Social Media
why are the nether lokas more beautiful and pleasing the the upper lokas ?
Dhanyavad for adding your question.
It’s very simple to understand this. The highest abode is Vaikuntha, followed by Satya Loka. Later in the middle ours Bhuloka is there and then it is 7 patala lokas.
Vaikuntha is having the highest beauty and so on… This is because, as Vaikuntha is the most dearest place to Bhagavan Sri Vishnu and this place is called as Mukta (Moksha) loka. It continuous like that.
Hope this has answered your query. Keep in touch.