How to wish “Happy Birthday” in Sanskrit (In Sanskrit, Kannada, English scripts)
Namaste friends, how are you doing today? Welcome to #BhagavanBhakthi website / blog. Lord Sri Vishnu blessings to you and your family!
Sanskrit is the greatest and most perfect language on this earth since ‘aadi kalam’ (unknown time frame).
No one knows when this great and divine language was started other than Lord Vishnu himself.
Sanskrit is as old as Lord Vishnu himself. Lord Vishnu is present since the unknown time, similarly, Sanskrit language is also present unknown time frame.
Even the higher planets like Svarga Loka, Brahma Loka, Vaikuntha Loka all use Sanskrit language as the communication language.
Today, let us know how to wish “Happy birthday” in Sanskrit language. Let us understand this with different examples.
Below I have given in 3 different languages, that is, in Sanskrit (Hindi), Kannada and English to understand in the better way.
Now let us know how to wish “Happy birthday” as given below:
1. Happy birthday – जन्म दिवसस्य हार्दिक्यः शुभाशयाः | ಜನ್ಮ ದಿವಸಸ್ಯ ಹಾರ್ದಿಕ್ಯಃ ಶುಭಾಶಯಾಃ | janma divasasya hārdikyaḥ śubhāśayāḥ |
Meaning : janma divasasya = birthday’s ; hārdikyaḥ = many many ; śubhāśayāḥ = divine congratulations (Many many divine congratulations on the birthday).
2. Happy birthday (2nd way) – जन्म दिवस्य शुभकामनाः | ಜನ್ಮ ದಿವಸಸ್ಯ ಶುಭಕಾಮನಾಃ | janma divasasya śubhakāmanāḥ |
Meaning : janma divasasya = birthday’s ; śubhakāmanāḥ = divine greetings (Divine greetings on the birthday).
3. Happy birthday (3rd way – simple way) – शुभं जन्म दिनम् | ಶುಭಂ ಜನ್ಮ ದಿನಂ | śubhaṁ janma dinaṁ |
Meaning : śubhaṁ = divine congratulations ; janma dinaṁ = birthday ; (Divine congratulations on the birthday).
4. My birthday party was awesome – मम जन्म दिनस्य उत्सवः बहु सम्यक् | ಮಮ ಜನ್ಮ ದಿನಸ್ಯ ಉತ್ಸವಃ ಬಹು ಸಮ್ಯಕ್ | mama janma dinasya utsavaḥ bahu samyak |
Meaning : mama = My ; janma dinasya = Birthday’s ; utsavaḥ = Festival / Party / Celebrations ; bahu = very very ;
samyak = Awesome (My birthday’s festival / party / celebrations was very very awesome).
5. I have just had a birthday – मम जन्म दिनम् ईदानीम् एव आसीत् | ಮಮ ಜನ್ಮ ದಿನಂ ಇದಾನಿಮ್ ಏವ ಆಸೀತ್ | mama janma dinaṁ idānim ēva āsīt
Meaning : mama = I ; janma dinaṁ = Birthday ; idānim ēva āsīt = Have just had.
6. I am making her a birthday cake – तस्याः जन्म दिनार्थम् अहं अपूपं पचन्ती अस्मि |
ತಸ್ಯಾಃ ಜನ್ಮ ದಿನಾರ್ಥಮ್ ಅಹಂ ಅಪೂಪಂ ಪಚಂತೀ ಅಸ್ಮಿ | tasyāḥ janma dinārtham ahaṁ apūpaṁ pacantī asmi
Meaning : tasyāḥ = Her ; janma dinārtham = For birthday ; ahaṁ = I am ; apūpaṁ = Cake ; pacantī asmi = making (I am making her a birthday cake).
7. He made a delicious birthday cake for me last year – गतवर्षे मम जन्म दिनार्थं रुचिकरम् अपूपंसः पक्ववान् |
ಗತವರ್ಷ ಮಮ ಜನ್ಮ ದಿನಾರ್ಥಂ ರುಚಿಕರಮ್ ಅಪೂಪಂಸಃ ಪಕ್ವವಾನ್ | gatavarṣa mama janma dinārthaṁ rucikaram apūpansaḥ pakvavān
Meaning : gatavarṣa = last year ; mama = for me ; janma dinārthaṁ = for mine birthday ; rucikaram = delicious ; apūpansaḥ = cake ; pakvavān = made (prepared)
8. Anand’s parents gave him a bicycle on his birthday – आनन्दस्य जन्म दिनार्थं तस्य मातापितरौ एकां द्विचक्रिकां दत्तवन्तौ तस्मै |
ಆನಂದಸ್ಯ ಜನ್ಮ ದಿನಾರ್ಥಂ ತಸ್ಯ ಮಾತಾಪಿತರೌ ಏಕಾಂ ದ್ವಿಚಕ್ರಿಕಾಂ ದತ್ತವಂತೌ ತಸ್ಮೌ | ānandasya janma dinārthaṁ tasya mātāpitarau ēkāṁ dvicakrikāṁ dattavantau tasmau
Meaning : ānandasya = Anand’s ; janma dinārthaṁ = For the birthday ; tasya = him ; mātāpitarau = parents ; ēkāṁ dvicakrikāṁ = A bicycle ; dattavantau tasmau = gave him.
9. She is celebrating her 70th birthday – सा तस्याः सप्ततिः जन्म दिनोत्सवम् आचरति | ಸಾ ತಸ್ಯಾಃ ಸಪ್ತತಿಃ ಜನ್ಮ ದಿನೋತ್ಸವಮ್ ಆಚರತಿ | sā tasyāḥ saptatiḥ janma dinōtsavam ācarati
Meaning : sā = She is ; tasyāḥ = Her ; saptatiḥ = 70th ; janma dinōtsavam = Birthday ; ācarati = Celebrating
10. Kids had a good time at birthday party – जन्म दिनोत्सवे बालाः सम्यक् विहरितवन्तः | ಜನ್ಮ ದಿನೋತ್ಸವೇ ಬಾಲಾಃ ಸಂಯಕ್ ವಿಹರಿತವಂತಃ | janma dinōtsavē bālāḥ sanyak viharitavantaḥ
Meaning : janma dinōtsavē = At birthday party ; bālāḥ = Kids ; sanyak viharitavantaḥ = Had a good time
More information will be added to this on regular basis, please visit after some time.
To know how to ask “what is your name” in Sanskrit, click the below link:
How to ask “what is your name” in Sanskrit
To know more information about Sanskrit, click the below link:
To watch YouTube video about How to wish “Happy Birthday” in Sanskrit, click the below YouTube video link:
Dear friends, if you need any clarifications about this post, kindly let me know, I will definitely try to answer all of them.
Also your one LIKE, one COMMENT, One Share, one SUBSCRIPTION is highly important.
This will help to know the quality of this content and also it will be helpful to know if any improvements is required for the content.
If you feel this content is useful to you and has helped you to improve your knowledge, kindly share this with your well-wishers.
Because “SHARING MEANS CARING”.
For receive FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION about #BhagavanBhakthi, you can send an email to [email protected]ail.com from your email ID.
Sri Gurubhyo Namaha
Sri Krishnaaya Namaha
Sri KrishnaarpanamastuSubscribe / Follow us Share in Social Media
I’ve read several just right stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot attempt you put to make such a great informative site.