List of Goddess Lakshmi avatars (names)
Namaste Sajjanas (divine people), how are you doing today? Bhagavan Sri Vishnu and Sri Maha Lakshmi Devi blessings to you and your family!
One of the meanings of the names of Sri MahaLakshmi Devi is that as follows:
Sri Maha Lakshmi Devi = Sri + Maha + Lakshmi + Devi
Here, ‘Sri’ means svayam Lakshmi Devi who is always inside the ‘vaksha’ sthala (heart) of Sri Hari (Lord Vishnu).
‘Maha’ means the greatest God after Sri Hari (Lord Vishnu). She is higher than Sri Brahma Deva, Sri Sarasvati Devi, Sri Rudra Deva, Sri Tulasi Devi, Sri Parvati Devi, Sri Indra Deva, Sri Kaama Deva, Sri Surya Deva etc. etc. etc.
‘Lakshmi’ means who is the most ‘lakshana’ (feature, attribute etc.) after Sri Hari (Lord Vishnu). She is the one, who has the most features (but much less than Sri Hari / Lord Vishnu) than any other Gods and Goddesses.
‘Devi’ means a daivi / divine Goddesses.
Whenever Sri Hari takes birth as human or any other form, Sri Maha Lakshmi Devi also takes birth to do seva (serve) of Sri Hari.
Thus in every avatar of Sri Hari, Sri Maha Lakshmi Devi always takes birth.
Let us know few names of both Sri Hari and Sri MahaLakshmi Devi in different avatars:
List of Goddess Lakshmi avatars (names) are as given below:
1. Bhagavan Sri Rama – Sita Devi
2. Krishna – Radha Devi, Rukmini Devi and Satyabhama Devi (All three are avatars of Laskhmi Devi) with different forms.
3. Parashurama – Dharani Devi
4. Vasudeva – He gives Moksha (divine liberation) – Maaya Devi
5. Sankarshana – He does the Samhaara (total destruction) – Jaya Devi
6. Pradyumna – He does the Shrushtti (creation) – Kruti Devi
7. Aniruddha – He does the Stiti (maintenance) – Shanti Devi
8. Rishabha – Sri Maha Lakshmi Devi takes avatar as Sri Jayanti Devi.
9. The ‘Chaturvimshati Roopas’ (24 forms) of Bhagavan Sri Vishnu with his divine consort (wives) names are as given below:
Bhagavan Sri Vishnu Names + Sri Maha Lakshmi Names:
Keshava + Sri
Narayana + Lakshmi
Madhava + Kamala
Govinda + Padma
Vishnu + Padmini
Madhusudana + Kamalaalaya
Trivikrama + ramaa (रमा)
Vamana + Vrushaakapi
Sridhara + Dhanya
Rishikesha + Buddhi
Padmanabha + Yagna
Damodara + Indira
Sankarshana + Hiranya
Vasudeva + Harini
Pradyumna + Satya
Aniruddha + Nitya
Purushottama + Ananda
Adhokshaja + Trayee
Narasimha + Sudha
Achyuta + Sugandha
Janardhana + Sundarii
Upendra + Vidyaa
Hari + Susheela
Krishna + Sulakshana
Lakshmi Narayana mātr̥ka (Matruka) Roopas (50):
Bhagavan Sri Narayana Name Sanskrit name (English alphabets) – English meaning = Sri Lakshmi Devi Sanskrit name (English alphabets)
1. aja (Aja) – One who has no birth = anantā (Ananta)
2. ānanda (Ananda) – One who is personification of bliss = prakr̥ti (Prakruti)
3. indra (Indra) – One who has Supreme Lordship. = satyā (Satya)
4. īśaḥ (Ishah) – One who is Lord of Lakshmi. = nityā (Nitya)
5. ugraḥ (Ugrah) – One who is slayer of Rudra in Pralaya time. = vēda śirōruhā (Veda Shiroruha)
6. ūrjaḥ (Urjah) – One who is infinitely complete with strength and action. = acyutā (Achyuta)
7. r̥tambharaḥ (Rutambharah) – One who supports the universe, that is real. = vyōma nilayā (Vyoma Nilaya)
8. r̥̄ghaḥ (Rhoogah) – By slaying the Danavas gives sorrow to Danu, the mother of Danavas. = jñāna śakti (Jnana Shakti)
9. lūśaḥ (Looshah) – Giver of bliss to Aditidevi, mother of Devatas / Demigods. = jñānajñēya (Jnanajneya)
10. lūjiḥ (Loojih) – One who has conquered Diti Devi, by killing her sons = jñāna labhyā (Jnana Labhya)
11. ēkātma (Ekatma) – One who is the prime Lord of all. = sid’dhā (Siddha)
12. airaḥ (Airah) – One who conquers Rudra Deva. = śaktiḥ (Shaktih)
13. ōjabhr̥t (Ojabhrut) – Capable Lord of all. = sunirmalā (Sunirmala)
14. aurasaḥ (Aurasah) – One who has Brahma Deva as son. = asaṅkīrṇā (Asankirna)
15. antaḥ (Antah) – One who is the annihilator = anugamyā (Anugamya)
16. ardhagarbhaḥ (Ardhagarbhah) – One who keeps Brahma, et al in His womb. = bhāsvatī (Bhasvati)
17. kapila (Kapila) – One who is Bliss personified, Sustainer of the universe, Annihilator = nirāśrayā (Nirashraya)
18. khapatiḥ (Khapatih) – Lord of all the organs (sense and action) = supratiṣṭhā (Supratishtha)
19. garuḍāsanaḥ (Garudhasanah) – One who has Garuda as Asana or Vahana (vehicle) = amr̥tā (Amrita)
20. gharmaḥ (Gharmah) – Tormentor of the evil ones, who oppose Him. = dhātrī (Dhatri)
21. ṅasāraḥ (Nyasarah) – Essence of all materialistic things. = īśvarī (Ishvari)
22. cārvāṅgaḥ (Charvangah) – One whose limbs are beautiful and beyond material nature. = akṣarā (Akshara)
23. chandyōgamya (Chandyogamya) – One who is known through Vedas. = avyayā (Avyaya)
24. jarnādanaḥ (Janardanah) – One who has no birth and who removes the bondage of sansar. = suprakāśā (Suprakasha)
25. jhāṭitāri (Jhathitari) – One by whom the enemies are driven away. = jayā (Jaya)
26. Ñamaḥ (Jnamah) – One who shows affinity to the person, who extolls Him through Vedas and other scriptures. = lakṣmī (Lakshmi)
27. ṭaṅkī (Tanki) – One who has rock/stone crushing weapon. = tuṣṭi (Tushthi)
28. ṭhaḷakaḥ (Thalakah) – Grantor of bliss to Rudra and Indra. = sūkṣmā (Sukshma)
29. ḍarakaḥ (Dharakah) – Grantor of light to Moon and fire. = pārāyaṇī (Parayani)
30. ḍhari (Dhari) – One who is worshipped by Chaturmukha Brahma, who makes the muktas enjoy or be happy. = avadātā (Avadata)
31. ṇātmā (Natma) – Personification of bliss.= viśud’dhā (Vishuddha)
32. tāraḥ (Tarah) – Makes His devotees cross over unwanted things. = vidyā (Vidya)
33. thabhaḥ (Thabhah) – Lifter / holder of Govardhana mountain. = pāṇḍura vāsinī (Pandura Vasini)
34. daṇḍī (Dandee) – Having a stick (like in grazing the cows). = ananta rūpā (Ananta Roopa)
35. dhanvī (Dhanvi) – Bearer of the Bow = adanī (Adani)
36. namyaḥ (Namyah) – Bowed by all = mahad brahmāṇḍa vāsinī (Mahad Brahmanda Vasini)
37. paraḥ (Parah) – Protector of all = nānā svarūpā jñātrī (Nana Svaroopa Jnatri)
38. phalī (Phali) – Giver of fruit of action = vyaktāvyaktā (Vyaktavyakta)
39. balī (Bali) – Giver of strength = purātanī (Puratani)
40. bhagaḥ (Bhagah) – Personification of six qualities – which represent infinite auspicious qualities – knowledge – Lordship – courage – bliss – effulgence – strength. = mahāśrīḥ (MahaSrih)
41. manuḥ (Manuh) – Omniscient and grantor of knowledge = vimalā (Vimala)
42. yajñaḥ (Yagnah) – Worshiped by all. = kīrti (Kirti)
43. rāma (Rama) – Infinitely Blissful and grantor of bliss. = triguṇā guṇa rūpiṇī (Triguna Guna Roopini)
44. lakṣmīpati (Lakshmipati) – Consort of Lakshmi = mēśvarī (Meshvari)
45. varaḥ (Varah) – Chosen by all as He is the greatest. = yōgavaśyā (Yogavashya)
46. śāntasanvit (Shantasanvit) – One who has blissful knowledge. = trivikrama padōdbhavā (Trivikrama Padodbhava)
47. ṣaḍguṇaḥ (Shadhgunah) – Has six qualities – knowledge – Lordship – courage – bliss – effulgence – strength. = viśvambharā (Vishvambhara)
48. sārātma (Saratma) – One who has All Supreme non-materialistic body. = bhōgaśaktiḥ (Bhogashaktih)
49. hansaḥ (Hansah) – Annihilator and knower of all and so “han”; Essence of all and so “sah”. = hansaḥ (Hansah)
50. ḷāḷukaḥ (Lhalukah) – Grantor of Bliss to Brahma and Indra even in liberation. = sanhāsinī (Sanhasini)
More information will be added to this. Please visit after sometime.
To watch What are Goddess Lakshmi avatars (names), click the below YouTube video:
Dear friends, if you need any clarifications about this post, kindly let me know, I will definitely try to answer all of them.
Also your one LIKE, one COMMENT, One Share, one SUBSCRIPTION is highly important.
This will help to know the quality of this content and also it will be helpful to know if any improvements is required for the content.
If you feel this content is useful to you and has helped you to improve your knowledge, kindly share this with your well-wishers.
Because “SHARING MEANS CARING”.
For receive FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION about #BhagavanBhakthi, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your email ID.
Sri Gurubhyo Namaha
Sri MahaLakshmi Narayanaaya Namaha
Sri KrishnaarpanamastuShare in Social Media